Loving Mom and Exercise Enthusiast
Kelsey decided to practice law with a focus on domestic relations after a summer internship with a local family law attorney. She immediately became fascinated with the law and its impact on children. Prior to attending law school at the Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis, she obtained her undergraduate degree in Spanish and history at Indiana University. Her studies at both the IU School of Law and Indiana University included 2 semesters abroad in Europe.
Kelsey’s primary areas of practice are family law and collections. With respect to family law, Kelsey has guided numerous families through complicated issues pertaining to dissolution, post-decree modifications, high-conflict custody proceedings, child support, parenting time, grandparent visitation, relocation, name changes and adoption. Kelsey is also a Registered Domestic Relations Mediator and emphasizes resolving family conflict without the need for potentially costly and emotionally devastating litigation.
Knowledgeable and familiar with FDCPA practice and compliance, Kelsey has successfully represented numerous business creditors and landlords in collection proceedings and has been successful in obtaining judgments on behalf of creditors and collecting on said judgments.
As a mother of two young children, Kelsey believes strongly in advocating for the best interests and well-being of children. Kelsey is a volunteer Guardian Ad Litem for Kids’ Voice and also volunteers her time as a youth volleyball coach at St. Pius X Elementary School. Her hobbies and interests outside of work include spending time with her family, running, cooking and traveling.
- J. D., Indiana University School of Law Indianapolis (2007)
- B.A., Indiana University-Bloomington (2004)
- North Central High School, Indianapolis, IN (2000)
- Bar Affiliations and Court Admissions
- Bar of the State of Indiana (2008)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana (2008)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (2008)
Community Involvement, Board Membership
- Catholic Youth Organization – Volunteer, 2010-Present
- Kids’ Voice-GAL Volunteer, 2011-Present
- Neighborhood Legal Christian Clinic-Volunteer Translator, 2004-2007
- Reach for Youth-Volunteer, 2009-Present
- American Bar Association-Member
- Indiana State Bar Association – Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association – Member